Fort Collins, CO
American Innovations protects people and the environment by providing proven compliance solutions to oil and gas professionals from the field to the office. More than 30 years of experience drives innovative solutions that address the need for efficient data collection, reporting, and analysis – an integrated family of hardware, software and professional services backed by relentless customer service.
We are seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our Professional Services team as an Implementation Specialist. You will be part of a team to design, install, configure, and support our suite of software products for our customers. This is a customer facing, multi-discipline position that requires a combination of skills that includes systems engineering, systems integrations, business process optimization, solution configuration, and spatial database design and deployment.
Are you ready for the next chapter in your professional career? Are you looking to join a company that is the leader in our core market and are rolling out our next generation of products now? Join our Professional Services team and take our company to the next level!
What do you need to be successful?
Experience in a customer-facing role, building and implementing solutions for the following:
- Utility Industry (gas distribution and transmission, electric distribution and transmission, and water, stormwater, and wastewater)
- Energy Industry (E&P, gathering and processing, midstream, PHMSA/FERC regulated transmission)
- Solid understanding of spatial and non-spatial relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) such as: SQL Server, Oracle, Esri SDE, and PostGreSQL.
- Understand and apply spatial data concepts such as GNSS, spatial data models (UPDM, PODS), projections and datums.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Candid, clear, and concise communication style.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to triage complex problems, identify root causes, and develop appropriate resolutions Ability to present complex concepts to both technical and executive audiences.
- Thrive solving complex business problems in a creative and sustainable approach.
- Work successfully in remote, hybrid, and office environments.
- Software platform deployment using server technology, basic Web configuration concepts, and understanding of Server-Side and Client-Side code and implementation patterns.
- Technical writing skills to document solution design, training materials, and user operating procedures.
- Business analyst skills; workflow analysis, design, and writing technical documentation.
Passion working in an Agile/Scrum or Scrumbahn environment.
- Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, GIS, or similar technical discipline – preferred
What we can offer you:
- Hiring Salary Range: $60,000-80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data).
- Competitive benefits focused on your physical well-being, including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and company provided Life and Disability.
- Programs to improve your financial well-being, including a 401(k) plan with an employer match up to 4% with immediate vesting and financial education courses.
- Opportunities to give back to the community, including paid volunteer hours.
- Supportive and collaborative environments, happy hours, and fun events.
- Assistance to further your learning and development.
- A rewarding culture, with a focus on positive business practices and protecting the environment.
What you can offer us:
CartoPac Platform Configuration (40%)
- Using our CartoPac platform toolset, you will:
- Configure and implement map-based customer web portals to explore and access data.
- Configure mobile data collection forms that reinforce data collection workflows and data validation business rules.
- Configure the business process management module to validate, approve, notify, enhance, and load data received from the field.
- Configure high-accuracy GNSS, laser rangefinders, barcode scanners, and other hardware peripherals.
- Work with customer IT and GIS departments to:
- Set up development and test environments.
- Configure platform components; CartoPac Enterprise, ArcGIS Server/Portal, RDBMS, IIS, SSRS, FME and other components as necessary.
- Install and configure IIS.
- Configure user access.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
Work Process and System Architecture Analysis and Design (15%)
- Lead or assist in design sessions with our customers to:
- Define and document solution requirements.
- Discover and document user stories.
- Document as-is and to-be business processes.
- Document logical and physical IT network, security, and application environments.
Work Process and System Architecture Analysis and Design (15%)
- Onboard our AI Azure Cloud Customers.
- Provide onsite and web-based training to customers on CartoPac software, GPS and field data collection in Train the Trainer, Field Training, and back-office solution administration training.
- Provide internal training to Sales, Engineering, Testing, Profession Services.
- Create written and video content to support training programs and user conferences.
- CartoPac Platform Extensions (5%)
- Using the CartoPac API’s, C#, Python, and ArcPy extend the platform to:
- Interface with external systems.
- Create custom reports using standard reporting technologies (SSRS, etc.).
- Develop other custom functionality as required by our customers.
Business Development (5%)
- Provide support of sales or marketing. Examples include:
- Non-billable pilot projects with customers or prospects.
- Product demos for customers.
- Assisting in the preparing of RFP’s or RFI’s.
- Participation in webinars
- Developing marketing collateral such as fact sheets.
Product Development (5%)
- Assist with the release of an AI products or developing a new services products:
- Write storyboards, personas, and user stories for new functionality, enhancements, and defect fixes.
- Participation in SW Engineering Sprint reviews.
- Testing a release candidate
- Documenting software functionality.
Documenting software functionality.
- Involvement in the following activities:
- Staff, employee, or company meetings
- Team process improvement efforts
- Team documentation
Develop myself: get better all the time. (5%)
- Look for training opportunities that help build my skills and make me more valuable at work and at home. Discuss with my manager, schedule and ensure my responsibilities are covered when I’m out.
- Connect my job to the customer – understand what our customers do and how my job impacts them.
- Understand what the company does and why, understand and support our culture. Demonstrate responsibility, ownership, reliability, service. Know how to live our values.
- Be a positive influence, show appreciation, get involved in making our business better.
To learn more about our products, get in touch with our sales team.