Technology for Remote Monitoring and Pipeline Compliance for Oil and Gas Gathering and Distribution Pipelines
Materials Performance (MP) magazine has announced the winners for their prestigious Innovation of the Year Awards. Out of over fifty submissions, the American Innovations (AI) team had five products as finalists for this year’s award, more than any other organization. Ultimately, AI’s REL2510 Solid-State Relay was awarded with an MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Award for its innovative features for corrosion mitigation.
What are the MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards?
The MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards is a program that recognizes innovative solutions and technologies in corrosion mitigation. Anyone involved in corrosion control can submit a nomination. A panel of industry experts reviews the applications and selects a round of finalists. Out of those finalists, ten winners will be announced during the AMPP Annual Conference + Expo in Denver, CO on March 20, 2023.
Award-Winning Innovation: The REL2510 Solid-State Relay
The REL2510 Solid-State Relay, a crucial component of the Bullhorn RM5 Remote Monitoring platform, has been recognized as a pioneering innovation in the field of corrosion prevention. Out of numerous entries, it was chosen as one of the finalists for the MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Award. During this year's AMPP Annual Conference + Expo it was announced that the REL2510 won the award, cementing its position as a game-changing technology in the industry. This recognition not only reflects the exceptional quality and effectiveness of this product but also the expertise and dedication of the amazing team behind its development.
The American Innovations Finalists: RMUs, Relays, Pipeline Compliance Solutions, Digital Voltmeters, and PCS Field Data Collector
Five American Innovations products were selected amongst the finalists for this year’s Innovation of the Year Awards. Our finalists are a great representation of our complete suite of products in remote monitoring, pipeline compliance software, and data collection. We are proud of our team for the incredible work they have done on these products, and we are excited to be recognized for our technological innovations in the corrosion industry.
Learn more about each of the finalists below:
- Bullhorn RM5 Series RMU – The all-new Bullhorn RM5 Series platform was designed to improve reliability and to better withstand surge as a system, unlike any other remote monitoring units currently on the market. With modular components, the best surge resistance in the industry, and the fastest setup ever, the RM5 platform is a revolutionary product that ensures better compliance for pipeline operators.
- REL2510 Solid-State Relay – The REL2510 is a normally closed solid-state relay suitable to interrupt low voltage rectifier AC secondary signals. The relay supports short interruption cycles, reduces installation time, and can be installed in small areas due to its small footprint. It can interrupt up to 100Vpeak/100A. These units are a great replacement to DC solid-state relays, which are easily damaged. The REL2510 offers greater reliability, a longer service life, and easy installation.
- PCS Wireless Sync – PCS Wireless Sync enables wireless synchronization of cathodic protection survey files to and from field data PCs. Surveys can be created within PCS and sent via the cloud to PCS Survey Manager where they can be optimized via map-based view and assigned to field technicians. Survey statuses can be monitored in real-time since technicians can upload survey data through their field data PCs. PCS Wireless Sync allows companies to have more control over their corrosion programs and improve operational efficiency.
- PCS Field Data Collector – Our next-generation field data collection software is used to perform annual, periodic, direct current voltage gradient (DCVG), and close-interval surveys. You can validate inspection data in real time to ensure that the data gathered is reliable and accurate. This software is available for both Android and iOS and has a wide set of features to help cathodic protection professionals complete their surveys accurately and efficiently.
- DVM2130 Digital Voltmeter – The DVM2130 is a Bluetooth digital voltmeter that was designed specifically for the cathodic protection industry. It ensures highly reliable and accurate measurements and helps corrosion programs by increasing operational efficiency, preserving data integrity, and capturing highly accurate data. The DVM2130 integrates with American Innovations’ PCS Field Data Collector software.
Want to learn more about American Innovations’ complete suite of pipeline compliance solutions? View our Product Overview brochure or get in contact with our team to find the right solution for your needs.