According to the American Water Works Association (AWWA), the majority of water distribution system pipes are composed of iron material. Water pipeline corrosion can cause loss of pipe, water, and negatively impact the quality of drinking water. As in the oil and gas industry, cathodic protection (CP) is of critical importance to water pipeline operators.
In addition, water and wastewater pipeline operators and utilities must also monitor other non-CP water equipment assets at treatment and storage facilities and distribution centers to ensure they are working safely and efficiently.
The Bullhorn Remote Monitoring System and Bullhorn Asset Tracker (BAT) web interface allows companies to monitor, collect and report measurement results on critical water and wastewater equipment reliably and cost-effectively by using robust data communication methods. Bullhorn can also be used to extend established SCADA systems. The RM2020 and APM4AM units can enhance SCADA functionality by monitoring equipment in regions not yet integrated into a full system and communicating data from BAT into pre-existing software. In addition, Bullhorn can often meets the needs of smaller and mid-size companies and utilities who don't have the capital to invest in a large-scale SCADA system but need critical equipment data.
Bullhorn Wireless Remote Monitoring:
- Collect data on water and wastewater equipment: lift stations, pumps, water meters, irrigation systems, storage tanks, liquid flow measurements, water samplers and more (RM2020, APM4AM)
- Collect data on water and wastewater pipeline CP equipment (RM4010, RM4020, RM4012)
- Two-way communication with field upgradeable GPS synchronized current interruption. Interruption parameters, reporting schedules, on-demand readings and updates configured remotely (RM4020)
- Reliable, cost-effective data communication via digital cellular or satellite networks
- Notifications and alarms on equipment status eliminate remote site visits; on-the-go access via smartphone
MicroMax Current Interruption:
- GPS-synchronized (GPS80, GPS200)
- Relay-independent (GPS80, GPS200)
- Remote monitoring option (RM4020)
Bullhorn Asset Tracker (BAT™):
- Access to individual unit and overall system performance
- Immediate visibility of units in “alarm”, “normal”, “interrupting”, "inactive" modes
- Reports can include data points for units & unit groups, date ranges, by unit or asset type
For more information on products and services for water and wastewater equipment, please contact Sales.