Search the Knowledge Base
PCS v7: Filtering Data in Grid view
Article | Created: Mar. 9, 2015 | Updated: Apr. 11, 2016 | Products: PCS Compliance
The Data Grid can display a large amount of information. Filtering data allows you to work with only those records you are interested seeing in the grid. This allows you both an ad hoc and repeatable way to limit the amount of data you are viewing.
In order to filter your data in PCS you will need to be logged into PCS with the data grid opened, click on View (top right of the screen) select Data View (see screen shot below for data view layout). When filtering PCS v7 data, keep in mind that if you select a predefined filter and close PCS. When you come back and login to PCS you may not see your data you’re expecting to see (Check your filters to see what is selected/turned on).
What is the expected result? (Screen shot below shows the predefined filters for facilities that are active). The data view window may look different from what you see in these screen shots due to company customization.
Ad Hoc filters can be used to refine your data view by reducing the amount of records displayed. The screen shot below will show records that are “Active” and missing “Structure P/S” readings.
Note: Ad Hoc filters are temporary they will not be saved when you close the data grid.
Review the following descriptions and then select one or more filter options as required:
- Only include facilities with inspections during the reporting time period: The data output for this option only includes those inspection records that meet the filter criteria defined for a particular date or date range.
- Filter criteria is defined by filter settings in the Filters group box for any of the following time period fields: Inspection Date is between, Survey is equal to, Periodic Survey is equal to, and Periodic Survey Year is equal to.
- All inspections that meet the filter criteria: This option includes all inspection records in the data output that meet filter criteria based on filter settings in the Filters group box.
- Apply other filters to the most recent inspection found within the report timeframe: This option finds the most recent inspection record within the reporting time frame first, and then applies other filter settings to the data output. Filter criteria for both of these are defined in the Filters group box.
- Use any of the following fields when defining filter criteria for the reporting time frame: Inspection Date, Survey, Periodic Survey, and Periodic Survey Year.
- The most recent inspection after the filter criteria has been met: The data output for this option includes the most recent inspection record only for those facilities that meet all other filter criteria first. Filter criteria for both of these are defined in the Filters group box.
- Use any of the following fields when defining a time period for the most recent maintenance record: Inspection Date, Survey, Periodic Survey, and Periodic Survey Year.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to give us a call at 800-229-3404 option 1, then press 2 or via email at PCSTechServices@aiworldwide.com